Are you organising a business event and seeking a unique experience for your attendees? Halal bento catering is the answer!
What is Halal Bento Catering?
Halal Bento Catering is a style of food service that follows halal dietary laws while still offering a wide range of tasty bento boxes from different cultures. It’s a great way to ensure guests with special dietary needs are cared for. This is also an excellent way to add variety, make your event more fun, and show that everyone is welcome.
In this blog post, we will be discussing four exciting cuisines and dishes you can try at your next corporate event. Whether you like authentic Singaporean, intricate Japanese, Western-style, or plant-based dishes, all are available from Yea! Mama Experiential Catering.
Table of Contents
Halal Bento Catering Cuisine 1: Singapore Local Food
Singapore is renowned for its wide variety of delectable regional cuisines. There’s something for everyone, from traditional dishes like Hainanese chicken rice and laksa to fusion creations like chilli crab and bak kut teh. One of the best things about Singaporean food is its versatility. It can be served as a sit-down meal or as tasty finger food, which is both practical and convenient.
The colourful and lively way Singaporean dishes are served adds to the fun and cultural experience of the event. At the same time, Singaporean cuisine is healthy and well-balanced, making it a good choice for corporate events that prioritise health and wellness.
Here are some well-loved Singaporean dishes to be part of your event’s halal bento catering:
- Signature Mama Laksa– Laksa is a popular dish that originated in Southeast Asia, with roots in the Peranakan culture of Malaysia and Singapore. It is made up of rice noodles soaked in a rich and flavorful coconut laksa gravy and is usually served with ingredients such as tiger prawns, quail eggs, and sliced fishcake. The broth of laksa is known for its balance of spicy, sour, and sweet flavours, which come together to create a comforting and delicious dish that is enjoyed by many.
- Signature Mama Curry– This dish consists of chicken drumsticks and potatoes on a bed of Nasi Kuning with sautéed bean sprouts. Nasi Kuning is a traditional Indonesian dish made of yellow rice and seasoned with turmeric and other spices. It often served as a symbol of festive occasions. The spicy, flavorful chicken curry and the fragrant, yellow turmeric rice go well together to make a filling and tasty meal.
- Mama Mee Siam– Mee Siam is a staple in Southeast Asian cuisine and has its roots in Thailand. Thin rice noodles, shrimp, tofu, bean sprouts, and an egg are combined with a savoury sauce made from tamarind, chilli, and palm sugar to create a dish that is spicy, sour, and sweet. Noodles are typically served with dried shrimp, chilli, and lime on the side so that diners can customise the dish to their own tastes. Mee Siam is well-known for its delicious and distinctive flavour profile, which combines the sourness of tamarind with the sweetness of palm sugar and the heat of chilli.
- Nonya Chap Chye – Nonya refers to the Chinese-Malay Peranakan community, which has its own culture and cuisine. Chap Chye is a vegetable stew made with cabbage, carrots, black fungus, and bean sprouts. Garlic, ginger, and shallots are used to cook the dish, which is then flavoured with fermented bean paste or shrimp paste.
Halal Bento Catering Cuisine 2: Japanese
Japanese cuisine, also known as “washoku,” is a traditional and diverse culinary style that is becoming increasingly popular around the world. It is known for using fresh, seasonal ingredients and cooking methods like grilling, steaming, and making sushi. It is also known for its focus on balance and harmony in both presentation and taste.
This cuisine is a fantastic option for corporate events because it is aesthetically pleasing, can impress guests, and tastes great. Dishes are made with delicious and healthy ingredients that are in season and fresh. Also, the emphasis on harmony and balance in presentation and taste goes well with the formal and well-planned atmosphere of corporate events.
Take a closer look at these four Japanese dishes you shouldn’t miss!
- Teriyaki Don – This is a juicy chicken cutlet on Japanese rice with garden green salad, carrot julienne, cherry tomatoes, corn kernels, Japanese cucumber, red cabbage slaw, and teriyaki sauce.
- Chicken Karaage– Chicken Karaage is a well-received Japanese dish made of small pieces of chicken that are marinated in soy sauce, sake, ginger, and garlic, and then deep-fried. The dish is often served as a snack, appetiser, or side dish and can be enjoyed on its own or with a dipping sauce.
- Salmon Teriyaki– It is a popular dish made of grilled or broiled salmon marinated in a savoury-sweet teriyaki sauce made of soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and ginger.
- Tempura Prawn– A tempura dish with large prawns dipped in a light and crispy tempura batter and then deep-fried until golden brown. It’s usually served as an appetiser or side dish with tentsuyu, a dipping sauce made of dashi, mirin, and soy sauce.
Halal Bento Catering Cuisine 3: Western
Western cuisine is a blend of various cooking styles and traditions. It can include dishes from France, Italy, North America, and other places where European settlers have left their mark. Western cuisine is known for using quality ingredients, having a wide range of flavours, and being visually appealing.
For corporate events, Western cuisine offers a variety of dishes, ingredients, and flavours. It’s ideal for corporate events because it can satisfy various tastes and dietary needs. Dishes can be as simple or complicated as the customer wants, and they can be served buffet-style, on plates, as a family meal, or even in halal bento catering.
To give you ideas on what Western cuisine to try, read on.
- Penne Aglio Olio.- It is a classic Italian pasta dish made with Penne pasta, garlic, olive oil, and chilli pepper flakes topped with parsley and parmesan. It’s a tasty main course. For a flavorful but light pasta dish, try it
- Garlic Butter Fusilli Pasta Pomodoro– This classic Italian dish features fusilli pasta tossed in a flavorful garlic butter sauce and a simple yet delectable pomodoro sauce made of tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and basil. Pasta lovers will love this simple, delicious, and comforting dish.
Halal Bento Catering Cuisine 1: Plant-based
Plant-based cooking is a culinary approach that emphasises the use of plant-based ingredients like fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, and nuts. It can include dishes that are entirely vegan and contain no animal products, as well as foods made with plant-based ingredients that may contain some animal products, such as dairy or eggs. It’s getting more popular because it’s healthy and good for the environment.
A plant-based menu is a great choice for corporate events because it follows the growing trend of healthy eating and is better for the environment. It has a wide range of flavours and textures, making it appealing to a wide range of people. It’s also easy to adapt to different diets, like those that are gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, and so on. Plus, it fits in with the modern emphasis on ethical consumerism and responsible business practices.
Still thinking of what plant-based dish to include in your halal bento catering? Check this out.
- Plant-based Juicy Sensational Hamburg Steak Pepper Curry – This vegan dish is cooked in a spicy pepper curry sauce with a plant-based meat patty. For vegetarians and vegans who miss meat, this is an excellent substitute for hamburg steak.
Singapore is known for its diverse food scene, and Yea! Mama offers a wide range of local, Western, Japanese, and plant-based cuisines to choose from.
So, if you’re planning a corporate event and want to impress your guests with delicious and unique food options, there’s no need to look any further than Yea! Mama Experiential Catering. From the spicy and flavorful Laksa to the hearty and healthy Juicy Sensational Hamburg Steak Pepper Curry, there’s something for everyone’s taste buds. What’s even better? They have halal bento catering options, making sure your guests will enjoy their food.
Why not try something new for your next event’s catering? Treat your guests to something unique and exciting with Yea! Mama Experiential Catering. You and your guests will be glad you did!